Visitor visa (Subclass 600)
This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends. You may also use this visa for business visitor activities. However, you cannot work on a visitor visa.
There are 2 streams that you can choose when lodging an application for a Visitor Visa in Thailand:
Tourist stream - for holiday and visiting family and friends
Business Visitor stream - for business visitor activities which included:
• making general business or employment enquiries
• investigating, negotiating, signing or reviewing a business contract
• activities carried out as part of an official government-to-government visit
• participating in conferences, trade fairs or seminars, as long as you are not being paid by the organisers for your participation.
You should apply for the stream that best suits your situation.
For more information on this visa please visit our main website page.
Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
If you hold a citizen passport issued by one of the below countries or regions, you may be eligible for an ETA and will not need to apply for a tourist visa. Certificate of Identity and Document of Identity holders are not eligible and must apply for a tourist visa.
• Hong Kong SAR
• South Korea
• United States of America
For more information on ETAs including how to apply, visit Electronic Travel Authority (ETA)
Before applying for a tourist visa, you may want to check if you are eligible for an eVisitor visa. The eVisitor can be used for tourism purposes and you can apply for the visa online.
Visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website for more information about the eVisitor visa.
Health & character requirements
In some circumstances you may be requested to undertake a medical examination. More information explaining the health and character requirements are available from this website. See: Health requirements and Character requirements
How to apply
If you hold a passport from certain countries, you can apply for this visa online at Online lodgement Arrangements
To lodge a paper application:
- Download the visitor visa checklist the checklist will help you prepare all the documents you need for the application.
Tourist stream - (English / Thai)
Business stream - (English / Thai)
- Download and complete the correct form
Tourist stream - Form 1419
Business stream - Form 1415
- Make sure you have the right application fee
- Read the information on how and where to lodge your application
The time taken for applications to be assessed fluctuates based on the number of applications received at any one time by the department.
For current processing times please visit: Global visa and citizenship processing times.