Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)
This visa allows you to come to Australia on a temporary basis to:
• work in the entertainment industry
• participate in activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation
• participate or observe in an Australian research project
• work in a skilled position under a staff exchange arrangement
• participate in high-level sports competitions or sports training programs
• participate in approved special program
• do full-time religious work
• be employed as a superyacht crew member
• do full-time domestic work in the household of certain senior foreign executives
• participate in a government endorsed event.
If you are applying to participate in non-ongoing cultural or social activities at the invitation of an Australian organisation, your application will be processed at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. All other applications for the Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) are processed in Australia.
Further information is available on the Department’s website: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/408-
Health & character requirements
In some circumstances you may be requested to undertake a medical examination. More information explaining the health and character requirements are available from this website. See: Health requirements and Character requirements
How to apply
You must apply for this visa online using ImmiAccount.
Once you lodge your application, you may be required to provide your biometrics at an Australian Visa Application Centre. If this is necessary, you will be sent a written request by email to do so.
The time taken for applications to be assessed fluctuates based on the number of applications received at any one time by the department.
For current processing times please visit: Global visa and citizenship processing times.