Australian Embassy

Other family visa

Other Family visas

Applications are processed in the Seoul Regional Other Family Processing Centre in South Korea.

There are different types of visas for other family visas

  • Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)

This visa is for some older people to migrate to Australia if they rely on an eligible relative in Australia to provide financial support. The applicant must be old enough to be granted an old age pension under the Social Security Act 1991.

For more information please visit Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 114)

  • Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115)

This visa allows someone outside Australia whose only near relatives are living in Australia to live in Australia as a permanent resident. To qualify, your (and your partner’s) only near relatives are settled in Australia and are all Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens

For more information please visit Remaining Relative visa (subclass 115)

  • Carer visa (subclass 116)

This visa is for someone who needs to move to Australia to care for a relative in Australia with a long-term medical condition, or assist a relative providing this care to a member of their family unit. The relative must not be able to reasonably get the care they need from any other relative or from welfare, hospital, nursing or community services in Australia.

For more information please visit Carer visa (subclass 116)

Health & character requirements

All applicants must undergo a medical examination. In some circumstances you may be requested to undertake character requirements. More information explaining the health and character requirements are available from this website. See: Health requirements and Character requirements

How to apply

1. Download the Other Family checklist (English/Thai)

The checklist will help you prepare all the documents you need for the application and the booklet will provide you with more information. This checklist explains how and where to lodge your application form.

2. Download and complete the correct form

Sponsors should complete Form 40 and give it to the applicant to submit with their application

Visa applicants should complete Form 47OF If there are children or other dependent family members aged 18 years or over, complete Form 47A

3. Make sure you have the right application fee

Processing time

The time taken for applications to be assessed fluctuates based on the number of applications received at any one time by the department.

For current processing times please visit:  Global visa and citizenship processing times.