- About us
- Visas and migration
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Australia-Thailand relationship
- Development Cooperation
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Immigration, Visas and Citizenship
The Visas and Immigration section of the Australian Embassy in Thailand processes visa applications for people who resident in Thailand. Everyone except for Australian citizens will need to obtain a visa prior to travelling to Australia.
Australian Visa Application Centre
All visa applications, except for Refugee and Humanitarian Entry, should be lodged at the Australian Visa Application Centre in Thailand operated by VFS Global.
The Trendy Office Building 28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana,
(BTS NANA, exit number 3)
Business hours: 08:30 – 16:30, Monday to Friday (Except Embassy Public holidays)
- Submission of Application: 08:30 – 15:00 Monday to Friday
- Collection of visa notification letter: 10:00 - 16:30 Monday to Friday
A fee will be charged for this service in addition to the scheduled fee charged by the Australian Government for all visa applications. For more information about lodgement procedures, fees charged, contact details, office locations and office hours, please visit www.vfs-au.net
Any applicant wishing to personally speak with an Immigration Officer about their Family migration visa application may do so by visiting the Visa Application Centre between 2:00pm and 4:00pm each Thursday (except Embassy holidays). Staff from the Visa and Immigration Office of the Australian Embassy Bangkok will be available to address queries and meet with applicants wishing to lodge migration visa application at the Australian Visa Application Centre.
Latest News and Changes
Visa information & how to apply
Clients are advised not to book flights or make travel commitments until your visa application is finalised. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.
Before applying for your visa, please read our Important Note regarding the roles of Australian Visa Application Centre and the Visa office at the Australian Embassy, Bangkok
- Visa Information
- Application Forms, Booklets and Checklists
- Fee and Charges
- Processing time
- Character requirements
- Health requirements
- Acting on someone else’s behalf
For more information, please visit the website of the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection: www.immi.gov.au
How and where to lodge you application
Post lodgement- Information for Visa holder
- Visa evidencing/ Visa label
- Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO)
- Obtain a new passport
- Visa cancellation requests
- Information on Australia Citizenship
- Applying for Australian Citizenship
- Applying for an Australian passport
Other useful information
Protect Yourself against Scams and Migration Fraud
Protect yourself from migration fraud and keep yourself safe by being aware of the ways people may try to take advantage of you or your situation.
For more information on how to protect yourself against Migration Fraud including email and internet scams please read Migration related scams and Protect yourself from migration fraud
If you need more information on how to lodge an application (Pre-lodgement enquiries), please contact the Australian Visa Application Centre. See: www.vfs-au.net
If you unsure of what type of visa to apply for, please use our Find a Visa to help guiding you on the Australian visa that most likely to meet your specific circumstances.
For all general enquires within Australia please contact the department on 131 881.
Please note that we are unable to provide any updates on the progress of your application if it is within Visa Processing Time Service Standards.
For other enquires, the preferred method of contacting is by email. This way the Embassy staffs can research your circumstances and provide you a full response as necessary. Please note that our mailbox is constantly monitored to ensure timely responses.
Visa and Immigration Office Bangkok
Australian Embassy Bangkok
37 South Sathorn Road
Bangkok 10120 Thailand
E-mail: email@example.com (Email size must be under 5MB)
Client service feedback and suggestions
We value your feedback, your compliments, complaints or suggestions provide the department with information to help improve the quality of our services.
If you have any feedbacks and suggestions please visit: Client Feedback
In order to improve the quality of our client service, we are conducting a survey to encourage continual improvement in the services we offer to our clients. You can access the survey here: Thailand Client Satisfaction Survey
If you go by boat without a visa, you will not make Australia home
The Australian Government is implementing its toughest border protection measures ever to manage illegal maritime arrivals and combat people smuggling. Operation Sovereign Borders (OSB) is the Australian Government’s military-led border security initiative to stop the boats, prevent people from risking their lives at sea, and preserve the integrity of Australia’s migration program.
OSB Key Messages
• The Australian Government has introduced its toughest border protection measures ever called Operation Sovereign Borders (OSB).
• Under the policy, anyone who comes to Australia illegally by boat without a visa will never be settled in Australia.
• The policy applies to everyone: families, children, unaccompanied children, educated and skilled. There are no exceptions to this policy.
• The Australian Government’s policy is intended to deter people smugglers by denying them a product to sell and prevent tragic deaths at sea.
• There are two options for people who travel illegally by boat to Australia:
o they will be intercepted and safely removed from Australian waters; or
o they will be sent to another country for offshore processing.
• Processing and resettlement in Australia will never be an option.
• Do not believe the lies of people smugglers. These criminals will steal your money and place your life and the lives of your family at risk - for nothing
• OSB is working as intended. There has been a very substantial and sustained reduction in maritime ventures and potential illegal immigrants attempting to reach Australia.
For more information, please visit: Operation Sovereign Borders, Operation Sovereign Borders Latest Fact Sheet and Counter People Smuggling Communication
Last updated 2 July 2015