The Embassy will continue to provide in-person passport and notarial services in Chiang Mai. Staff from the Embassy in Bangkok will travel to Chiang Mai and be available to provide in-person passport and notarial services by appointment as per the planned schedule below.
Planned passport and notarial services in Chiang Mai in 2024:
- 1 February 2024, 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 (Chiang Mai Marriott Hotel) - COMPLETED
- April 2024, 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 (date and location TBC) - DETAILS TO BE ANNOUNCED MID-MARCH
- June 2024, 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 (date and location TBC)
- August 2024, 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 (date and location TBC)
- October 2024, 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 (date and location TBC)
- December 2024, 09:00-12:00 and 14:00-16:00 (date and location TBC)
Notarial services are only available where the documents are Australian in origin or intended for use in Australia. Please ensure you provide correct written instructions to our staff. Below is a summary of the notarial services we can provide:
- certify copies of original documents (documents must be Australian or for use in Australia). Please bring the original document and a colour photocopy of each page.
- issuing an Authentication or Apostille certificate (verifying a signature, stamp, or seal on an original Australian public document)
- We aim to issue Authentication/Apostille certificates within 5 working days. Once issued, these are delivered by EMS Thailand.
- witness signatures on certain Australian documents or documents for use in Australia
- the taking of Australian Statutory declarations being made for use in Australia by an Australian entity
- the administering of affidavits, oaths and affirmations for use in Australian court or legal proceedings
- issuing a Certificate of no Impediment to marry in Thailand (refer to Getting Married in Thailand for further information).
- We aim to issue Certificates of No Impediment within 5 working days. Once issued, these are delivered by EMS Thailand. Refer to the Getting Married in Thailand page for further information. Please also bring the originals of requested documents to support your application (e.g. divorce certificates) as well as colour photocopies of each page.
All fees must be paid by debit card or credit card only. Please note that cash is NOT accepted.
Appointments are required; a link to book an appointment will be included on this page once available.
Applications for Australian passports can be lodged in-person by appointment during the Passport and Notarial Services in Chiang Mai (see above for details and link to make a booking). Please bring original supporting documents and colour photocopies.
Alternatively, eligible applicants can apply by mail directly to the Australian Embassy in Bangkok (see below).
Passport services by mail
Renewing your passport? You may be eligible to submit your application by mail. For more information on eligibility and how to lodge by mail please see:
- Mailed in passport applications (adult renewals - PC7)
- Mailed in passport applications (child renewals - PC8)
You can continue to lodge passport applications and notarial services at the Embassy in Bangkok. An appointment is required at the Embassy for these services. Please refer to the passports and notarials pages on our website for further information.