Australian Embassy

Consular Services

Consular Services

Consular Services to Australian citizens and permanent residents living in and travelling through Thailand are provided by the Embassy, the Consulate-General in Phuket and the Honorary Consuls in Koh Samui and Chiang Mai

The Australian Embassy wishes to advise that there was an increase in notarial fees on 1 January 2017. For the new notarial fee structure for 2018 please click on this link.

The Consular Services Section is open from 0830-1600 hours Monday to Friday (excluding Embassy public holidays). 

Fees are payable in Thai Baht ONLY by Credit Card or Debit Card. Please contact the Consular section on 02 344 6300 prior to your visit to confirm fees payable.

If you require consular assistance, contact your nearest Australian Mission. For consular emergencies outside normal business hours in Thailand you may call the Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra on +61 2 6261 3305


The Privacy Act and Consular Services

The Privacy Act 1988 (the Act) imposes legal requirements on the ways in which Australian government departments and agencies may collect, store, use and disclose personal information about an individual with whom departments and agencies have dealings.

The requirements of the Act have important implications for consular work.

Consular officers may collect, use and disclose your personal information, including to overseas recipients where we reasonably believe it is necessary, to provide you with consular assistance. Important information about the privacy of your personal information is contained in our Consular Privacy Collection Statement, which you should read and understand. The Statement can be found at

The Consular Services Charter - What help we may be able to provide and what we cannot do

The Australian Government will do what it can to help Australians in difficulty overseas, but there are legal and practical limits to what help we may be able to provide. Information on the services we may be able to provide and information on what we cannot do are outlined in the Consular Services Charter.