Notarial Services (กรุณา คลิกที่นี่ สำหรับภาษาไทย)
The Australian Embassy is unable to witness a statutory declaration, provide a letter, issue a statement or certificate verifying your address in Thailand. We suggest you contact Thai Immigration to request a certificate of residence or speak with the authority requesting the address verification to discuss what other options are available to prove your address. This includes to open a Thai bank account, obtain a driver’s license or transfer motor vehicle registration.
Passport and Notarial Services by appointment only, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 3:00pm (subject to appointment availability and excluding Embassy public holidays).
NOTARIAL SERVICES DISCLAIMER
Please ensure that documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian Embassy are presented in the correct form, and that you provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian Embassy in Bangkok guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
Notarial Services available include:
- Issuing an Authentication or Apostille certificate (verifying a signature, stamp or seal on an Australian public document)
- certifying copies of original documents
- witnessing of signatures on certain documents
- the taking of Australian Statutory declarations being made for use in Australia by an Australian entity.
- the administering of affidavits, oaths and affirmations
- issuing a Certificate of no Impediment to marry in Thailand
For detailed information on the notarial services available please visit the Smartraveller website
Notarial Services we are unable to provide include:
- Witness a statutory declaration or provide a letter which declares your address in Thailand, including to open a Thai bank account, obtain a Thai drivers license or transfer motor vehicle registration.
- Provide supporting documents for Thai visa applications. This includes witnessing statutory declarations and/or providing certified copies of documents for Thai visa applications. See Frequently Asked Topics for more information.
- Witness your signature on a statutory declaration or document for use outside Australia.
Please see the current Notarial Service Fees from 1 July 2019 ($AUD/THB).
Fees apply to notarial services under the Consular Fees Act of 1955. Consular staff have no discretion in applying these fees.
Fees are payable in Thai Baht by CREDIT or DEBIT CARD and are linked to the AUD/THB exchange rate and re-aligned monthly.
Where to obtain notarial services
For Notarial Services in Phuket, please refer to the Consulate-General’s Website.
The Honorary Consul in Chiang Mai is not authorised to provide notarial services.