Please see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page for further information
Passport and Notarial Services by appointment only, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 3:00pm (subject to appointment availability and excluding Embassy public holidays).
Before requesting a Notarial Service from the Embassy, please make sure you know exactly what service you require. You should confirm this with the organisation that requires your documents. We are not able to provide advice on which Notarial Service you need. Further information on Notarial Services can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website
Notarial Services available include:
- certifying copies of original documents
- witnessing of signatures on certain documents
- the taking of Australian Statutory declarations being made for use in Australia by an Australian entity.
- the administering of affidavits, oaths and affirmations
Notarial Services we are unable to provide include:
- As of 7 January 2019, witnessing statutory declarations which declare income or bank balances for Thai Immigration purposes
- Witnessing statutory declarations or providing a letter which declares your address in Thailand
Please see the current Notarial Service Fees from 1 November 2018 ($AUD/THB).
Fees apply to notarial services under the Consular Fees Act of 1955. Consular staff have no discretion in applying these fees.
Fees are payable in Thai Baht by CREDIT or DEBIT CARD and are linked to the AUD/THB exchange rate and re-aligned monthly.
Where to obtain notarial services
For Notarial Services in Phuket, please refer to the Consulate-General’s Website.
The Honorary Consuls in Chiang Mai and Koh Samui are not authorised to provide notarial services.