Notarial Services (กรุณา คลิกที่นี่ สำหรับภาษาไทย)
Please note that Australian consular or diplomatic officers are only permitted to witness an Australian Statutory Declaration being made for use in Australia by an Australian entity.
Can I request a certified copy of my Australian income statements to use as evidence of my income?
Thai authorities have advised that certified copies of Australian income statements do not meet their requirements as evidence of income. To renew or apply for a retirement visa, Thai Immigration have advised that you must demonstrate having funds or income in a Thai bank account; please contact Thai Immigration to clarify the visa requirements for Thailand; www.immigration.go.th or (02) 141 9889
Passport and Notarial Services by appointment only, Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 3:00pm (subject to appointment availability and excluding Embassy public holidays).
NOTARIAL SERVICES DISCLAIMER
Please ensure that documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian Embassy are presented in the correct form, and that you provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian Embassy in Bangkok guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
Notarial Services available include:
- certifying copies of original documents
- witnessing of signatures on certain documents
- the taking of Australian Statutory declarations being made for use in Australia by an Australian entity.
- the administering of affidavits, oaths and affirmations
- issuing a Certificate of no Impediment to marry in Thailand
Notarial Services we are unable to provide include:
- Witnessing statutory declarations or providing a letter which declares your address in Thailand, including to open a Thai bank account, obtain a Thai drivers license or transfer motor vehicle registration.
- Witnessing statutory declarations which declare your income or bank balances for Thai immigration purposes.
Please see the current Notarial Service Fees from 1 April 2019 ($AUD/THB).
Fees apply to notarial services under the Consular Fees Act of 1955. Consular staff have no discretion in applying these fees.
Fees are payable in Thai Baht by CREDIT or DEBIT CARD and are linked to the AUD/THB exchange rate and re-aligned monthly.
Where to obtain notarial services
For Notarial Services in Phuket, please refer to the Consulate-General’s Website.
The Honorary Consul in Chiang Mai is not authorised to provide notarial services.