AustCham and the Australian Embassy to host
business conference and alumni gala dinner
12 June 2014
The Australian – Thai Chamber of Commerce (AustCham) and the Australian Embassy Bangkok will jointly host a business conference entitled “Enabling Prosperity: Moving Beyond the Middle-Income Trap” from 10am on June 25, 2014 at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Hotel, Bangkok.
The conference will be followed by the Australian Alumni Gala Dinner commencing at 5.30 pm.
Australian alumni and interested participants are invited to register their attendance and book tickets for both events at www.austchamthailand.com/event-910734 or by telephone at (02) 210 0216.
The conference will bring together leaders from government, business, academia and multilateral institutions to discuss the concept of the middle-income trap and its implications for the Thai economy. Speakers will explore public and private sector solutions to move beyond the trap.
Participating distinguished speakers include:
- HE Mr James Wise, Australian Ambassador to Thailand
- Dr Narongchai Akrasanee, Former Minister of Commerce and Senator of Thailand
- Dr Kirida Bhaopichitr, Senior Economist, World Bank
- Veronique Salze-Lozac’h, Chief Economist and Director of Economic Development at The Asia Foundation
- Viktor Shvets, Director at Macquarie Securities, Hong Kong
- Dr Apichat Satitniramai, Professor of Economics, Thammasat University
- Somkiat Anuras, Vice-Chairman of The Thai Chamber of Commerce and Chairman of the Committee on Reducing Inequality
- Peter Michener, Vice President – Strategic Business Development, Mitr Phol Group.
- Peetachai Dejkraisak, CEO of Siam Organic Co Ltd
The Australian Alumni Gala Dinner will feature speeches from HE James Wise, Australian Ambassador to Thailand and three successful Australian Alumni, namely Dr Mechai Viravaidya, Dr Sirikorn Maneerin, and Rapee Rojvirasingh; an awards ceremony, and a professional performance from an acclaimed Alumni Navinda Pachimsawat Vadtanakovint. The intent of the Dinner is to celebrate Australian Education.